If the thought of working the summer away in an office or shop doesn’t thrill you why not think about getting a job on an orchard along with your mates this summer?
Check out Jacob's video to find out more.
Does this sound like you?
- Able to work on your feet all day
- Have a good fitness level and declare any current or previous medical issues which may impact on your ability to carry out certain tasks (such as lifting, use of ladders etc)
- Self-motivated / positive attitude / reliable
- Team player, enjoy the camaraderie of team environment created in the orchard or packhouse setting
- Be organised and well prepared:
- bring smoko, lunch and hydrate,
- use sunscreen and wear weather appropriate clothing and footwear,
- be well rested with a positive attitude
- Can comply with the health and safety requirements for working on each site including those regarding the consumption of drugs and alcohol.
- Think and work safe.
For more information on specific skills for picking and packhouse, check the FAQ's.